Free Jonathon Cote
5th Annual Memorial
Motorcycle Ride & Fundraiser
Sunday, August 4th 2013
Family and friends of Jon have organized a motorcycle ride and fundraising event in his honor on August 4th, 2013. We have created this event to raise money for an annual $1,000 scholarship for a student of Williamsville North High School in Jon's memory. Additional funds will be donated to WNY Heroes in order to help them serve and support our WNY military heroes and their families.
Sign-in for the memorial ride will begin at 11:00am in front of Williamsville North High School at the horseshoe entrance on Dodge Road, near Jon's memorial tree & plaque. Signin will end at 12:30pm and will be followed by an informational rider meeting.
The cost is $20 per driver and $10 per passenger. Each person will receive a lapel pin, vehicle decal for participating, a free meal, and a pamphlet with information on Jon and the event. We plan to leave the school at 1:00pm on a scenic 1.5 hour route that will end at De La Casa (1437 Ridge Road, Lewiston, NY 14092).
All makes and models of motorcycles are welcome! If you do not have a motorcycle or cannot participate in the ride, you are more than welcome to join us at De La Casa at 2:30pm when all the motorcycles arrive.
There will be a live band, food and drinks as well as prize basket raffles, a 50/50 raffle and silent auctions. This is the 5th successful year for this event and it's always a great time. It continues to grow larger every year with over 150 motorcycles participating last year. We wish to continue this event's success and look forward to seeing you there to make it memorable.
Our Effort to Free Five
This website was originally created to provide an unwavering effort to ensure the safe return of Jonathon and the other four hostages to their loved ones and friends. We were disheartened in early 2008 to learn that all five hostages were killed by their captors. Their bodies were returned to their families in March and April of 2008. Our effort is now focused on preserving and honoring Jonathon's memory. In order to turn this tragic event into something positive, we organize events in Jon's honor to raise funds to help our community. Jon may not be here in person, but his spirit and essence live on through the good works we are able to accomplish.
Joshua Munns, Jonathon Cote, John Young, Bert Nussbaumer, and Paul Reuben.
Last updated on Tuesday, 02nd July, 2013 @ 06:52pm
- 08/07/11 Motorcycle Run to Honor Veteran
- 08/07/11 Motorcycle ride tributes young veteran
- 07/27/11 3rd Annual Jonathon Cote Memorial Motorcycle Ride & Fund Raiser - August 7th, 2011
- 07/24/10 2nd Annual Jonathon Cote Memorial Motorcycle Ride & Fund Raiser - August 22nd, 2010
- 05/03/08 Program for the funeral of Jonathon Cote Memorial Service Pamphlet
- 05/03/08 Eulogy by Francis Cote for Jon - He was a light to us all!
- 05/03/08 Eulogy by Christopher Cote for Jon - We know exactly where he'll be...in our hearts forever until we see him again.
- 04/23/08 Press Conference to be held by the family of deceased U. S. Army Veteran, Jonathon Michael Cote
- 04/11/08 Impact on Other Hostage Family: A letter from Ahmed Jr. pleading not to forget Jon
- 03/29/08 A Prayer for Jon by Christie Mombrea
- 03/25/08 Letter of support and hope to the Cote Family
- 03/18/08 WDCX 99.5 Life FM - Interview by Program Director, Neil Boron Interview with the Cote's (see Blog dtd March 18, 2008)
- 01/21/08 Come Home: Please help his family and friends' efforts to continue putting pressure on the government for answers. Let's all work together to bring Jon home!
- 08/17/07 In Honor of Jon: Jonathon Cote and his four fellow soldiers
- 09/27/07 Iraqi Flier: Appeal to provide any information
- 01/16/07 Burt's Sign: Appeal to pray for Jon